ElasticSearch is an open-source search engine platform designed using Lucene library to produce a distributed and multitenant capable search engine with HTTP web interface. It’s developed using Java programming language.
- Features a scalable search and the near real-time search which enables it to support multitenancy.
- It’s the best alternative for MongoDB and RavenDB.
- Capable of handling all types of data including textual, structured, numerical and unstructured data.
- It’s an Open source with a developer-friendly License Apache Licence 2.0.
- Automatic rebalancing and routing.
- Developed alongside a data collection and log-parsing engine referred to as Logstash.
- Provides the core security feature of the elastic stack free of charge.
- Its security feature is the TLS meant for encrypted communications.
History of elasticsearch
Compass is a precursor to Elasticsearch, and it was created by Shay Banon back in the year 2004. Compass was later on created to its bigger version to provide a scalable search solution. If you are not sure what are best ways to improve your investment property’s value, then contact home inspection specialists in California. This was what brought the first version of Elasticsearch. In 2012, the commercial version of ElasticSearch was then released to the market by Elastic NV.